Frequently Asked Questions & Help
Camera ZOOM FX is a highly advanced camera application for Android mobile devices and we hope you love it as much as we enjoyed making it!
Calling all shutterbugs!
We want you to share your best photos with us for a chance to win $100.view competition Entries
Camera ZOOM FX FAQs
Get solutions to common issues and problems with Camera Zoom FX
My order has not gone through / I have not received my download.
• Please check current known issues on the Android Market.
• You may have not been charged for your attempted order - please confirm by logging in to checkout.google.com.
- Try a different credit card if you have one.
- The problem may often be solved by restarting your phone or emptying the market’s cache. You can empty the market’s cache by going to Home > Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications. The forums also suggest starting the Google Talk application.
- On the Google help forums it has been suggested that cancelling downloads and then changing to aeroplane mode for 5 seconds. This supposedly clears the problem so you can restart the download.
Why is zoom not working on my device?
Zoom has been auto-detected for your device – if zoom is not working, you can fix this by clicking Menu > Settings > Zoom -> select zoom type 1 - 4 and see which works.
Why can't I turn off the shutter sound?
We have put in all the code we can to silence shutter. However, on some devices – the operating system has enforced that sound will play whenever a picture is taken.
There are only two workarounds:
- root your phone and rename the shutter.ogg file – full details here.
- take a low resolution preview shot using the burst mode feature in Camera ZOOM FX (this is how other silent market apps work around this problem).
The gallery link is broken / only one photo is viewable when I click on the gallery.
This could be the result of incorrect behavior of the default gallery on your phone. Install a free third party gallery, e.g. QuickPic, to fix either of these problems.
Why can't I launch the video app from Camera ZOOM FX?
Camera ZOOM FX does not provide video support but just a simple link to the video camera on the phone. If this video link does not work, please contact us with your device details so we can investigate further.
Why can't I use the front facing camera?
The front camera option is available to Android devices with both a rear and front camera. This option also requires Android 2.3 or above. If you have a supported device, there should be a 'switch camera' icon under the zoombar. If your device has not yet updated to Android 2.3 or above, please contact your operator to see when this update will be rolled out.
Why are some effects disabled (color, mirror, distort)?
Color, mirror and distort effects are disabled during capture mode but can be applied in review mode. Simply take a picture (with autosave switched off) or import a photo to have all effects fully enabled.
Why are my photos blurry?
Please ensure you have selected an appropriate auto-focus mode by clicking on the Hardware button under the zoom bar > Auto Focus.
Why are some of my photos still processing?
Photos are stored in a process queue and are processed one by one. In the event that your photos have stopped processing, please use a file manager, e.g. Astro to restore any required photos from under /sdcard/CameraZOOM/.processing, then delete all files under the same folder to clear the processing queue - note you need to enable viewing of hidden directories (with a '.' prefix).
My problem is not listed above.
Please visit our contact page – we will do our best to fix the problem on your device.
How can I request a new feature?
Easy – visit our Contact Page – we look forward to hearing from you…
Photos Taken With Camera Zoom FX
Take a look at some of the stunning photos our users have created and taken with our award winning Android Camera App.